The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Scholarships 2020 International Students to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas.
14 January 2020
10 July 2020
|Payment per year||
$28,092 (2020 rate)
up to 3 years
|Type of Scholarship||
Students with Disabilities
The University of Adelaide Scholarships 2020 offers a wide range of funding opportunities for both domestic and international candidates. If you’re considering applying for a scholarship in one of the competitive rounds it’s important that you review the eligibility criteria before submitting a request for supervision, or submitting an application.
If you’re an international applicant and not a recent graduate of the University of Adelaide, you will be considered in one of our competitive scholarship rounds dedicated to international students. In each round, we receive hundreds of applications for a small number of scholarships. The standard of applicants is always extremely high and the selection process is very competitive. Applicants who rank highly have typically completed a master’s degree with a significant research component. They have also often published several papers in quality international journals.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of University of Adelaide Scholarship
The winners of Fully Funded University of Adelaide Scholarship 2020 will receive the following benefits
- Fee Waiver: Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
- Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
- Allowances: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
Eligibility of Australian Adelaide Scholarship 2020
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enroll in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and the citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided), or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of a First Class Australian Honours degree. (In Australia an Honours degree is generally a one-year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honours is available as part of the final year of a four-year undergraduate degree. It is recognized as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organizational skills. It also demonstrates the ability to undertake a high-level study. Achievement of a First Class Honours degree indicates that the recipient performed at the highest academic level and indicates that they have had an introduction to independent research.)
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- NOTE: If an applicant has previously been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship by the University of Adelaide, and failed to successfully complete the corresponding academic program, that applicant will not be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research scholarships.
How to Apply for The Australian Adelaide Scholarship 2020
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
Deadline of University of Adelaide Scholarship 2020
14 January 2020
10 July 2020