The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2020 / 2021 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- · Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- · Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- · Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- · Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2020.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2020
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- Tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country
- Monthly personal allowance of BND$500
- Monthly meals allowance of BND$150
- Annual book allowance of BND$600
- Health Insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship.
Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country
- BND$250 to a country within the ASEAN region or
- BND$500 to a country outside the ASEAN region
Eligibility of Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2020
- Applications are open to citizens of ASEAN.
- Applicants must be within the age range of 20 – 35 years.
- Applicants must possess a minimum qualification of post-secondary school certificate.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship
Programmes offered by the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2020
Programmes offered and entry qualifications are available from the following:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei
- Politeknik Brunei
How to apply for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2020
The online application process is as follows
- Apply Online through Online admissions application system (Oasys) From
2. Complete all parts of the Online application form
3. Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
4. Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges)
5. Submit the completed Online application form And e-mail a copy of the online form and the supporting documents to [email protected]
Deadline of Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2020
The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 14 February 2020.