Brunel University London is pleased to offer a prestigious package of scholarships for international students. The scholarship scheme is for fully self-funded students only and is based on overall academic merit and professional experience. We will award scholarships to applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award.
To apply you need to have received an offer to study on an eligible course starting in September 2020 or January 2021.
September entry: 110 scholarships will be allocated in early September, to those applicants who meet all the following eligibility criteria.
January entry: 20 scholarships, plus any remaining awards from September, will be allocated in January 2021.
Application process: To be considered applicants must complete a register your interest form by the stated deadlines. Applications will only be accepted if all sections of the application form have been completed and if the applicant is holding an offer on a course starting in September 2020 or January 2021.
Brunel will assess each application for suitability against these scholarship terms and conditions.
Benefits of UK International Excellence Scholarship 2020/21
- Postgraduate: £6,000 as a tuition fee waiver applied to the first year of study only.
- Undergraduate: £6,000 as a tuition fee waiver, each year for a maximum of three years. The Scholarship will be paid once for each eligible level of study, subject to normal progression criteria having been met (additional payments will not be made during a repeating year, regardless of the reason for repetition).
Applicants must have applied for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught to program starting in September 2020 or January 2021.
Eligibility of Brunel University London International Excellence Scholarship 2020/21
Applicants for an International scholarship must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be classed as Overseas for fee purposes and be self-funded (not sponsored). Applicants who are unsure of their fee status should note Brunel uses the information they have provided in their application form to assess fee status against regulations set by the UK government. For information on these regulations please visit the independent organization UKCISA’s website.
- Must have an offer to study on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme (including placement routes and undergraduate integrated Masters programmes) starting in September 2020 or January 2021.
- Must complete the relevant Scholarship application by the stated deadline.
- All applicants must meet all conditions of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel.
Deadlines of International Excellence Scholarship 2020/21
The Scholarship will be allocated in two phases.
Phase 1: Apply by 17 April 2020 to be considered for an early award.
Phase 2: Apply by 30 June 2020 to be considered for a later award.
Applicants who are not awarded in the first phase will be automatically considered again for phase 2.
Phase 1: Apply by 20 November 2020 to be considered for an award.
Successful applicants will be contacted within four weeks of each deadline.
All awards will be finalized once all offer conditions have been met in September or January (for those on courses starting in January).
Applications for the January 2021 scholarship will open in late 2020. If a January applicant applies early (by using the September scholarship application in error) their application will not be considered and the applicant will have to reapply using the correct application form.
Scholarship holders may be required to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the university and to participate occasionally in various activities to help promote the University. This might include hosting tours of the campus and its facilities, providing administrative support at Open Days, participating in social media, and other marketing activity as required. Scholarship winners will be contacted by the International Recruitment or Marketing team as and when participation is required.
Apply by 30 June 2020 to be considered for a later award.
International Excellence Scholarship application
We will only accept one application per person. You must submit a complete application with a valid Brunel student ID. The ID number will be mentioned on your Brunel offer letter.
If you have not applied to Brunel for a course, you can do so via this link www.brunel.ac.uk/study
If you experience any problems when submitting this form please email [email protected] Please do not send any supporting documents to this email address.
The deadline to apply for the International Excellence Scholarship is midnight (BST) on 17 April 2020 (phase one) or 30 June 2020 (phase two). Applications submitted after the deadlines will not be considered.