These awards are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.
The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a Ph.D or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
Students already on a Ph.D. programme cannot be considered for these awards.
Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master’s programme of study in 2020 and your Ph.D. the following year in 2021, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2020.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of Scotland Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2020-2021.
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
Eligibility Criteria of Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020
The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a Ph.D. in any field of study in 2020-2021.
Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been applied admission to a full-time on-campus Ph.D. research programme of study.
Academic merit of Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honors Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first-class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
How to apply for the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
Deadline of Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2020
The scholarship deadline is 23:59 GMT 17th February 2020.