The key to choosing a university that’s right for you is finding a place that speaks to you – a place where you feel comfortable, receive the support you need and will set you on a path to success. Laurentian University is here to help you achieve your educational, career and personal goals by making education at a Canadian university the most accessible ever! Our scholarships recognize academic achievements and are awarded based on admission average.
High achieving international students may be eligible for the most generous scholarship program in Canada
|Your average||Academic Excellence Scholarships|
|90% to 100%*||Up to $60,000 in scholarship awards||$15,000 in the first year, renewable in subsequent years provided average is maintained.|
|80% to 89.9%*||Up to $40,000 in scholarship awards||$10,000 in the first year, renewable in subsequent years provided average is maintained.|
* Averages are calculated automatically based on equivalency-adjusted grade point average (GPA) using the World Education Services tables. A 7.5 GPA is equivalent to an 80% average.
Scholarships are limited to students studying in open-enrolment undergraduate programs. Excluded programs include Architecture, Education, Forensic Science, Human Kinetics, Mechanical Engineering, Midwifery, Nursing, Orthophonie, Radiation Therapy, Social Work and Sports Administration.
Laurentian features award-winning programs, a multi-cultural learning atmosphere, and a breath-taking campus.
Students entering their first year and registered full-time in an undergraduate degree program at Laurentian University may be eligible for an Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Must be registered full time.
- Masters are eligible for 2 years, Ph.D. are eligible for 4.
- Need a B+ average to qualify (75%) for new Masters students.
- Students will receive an email where they can fill out the application
- Masters students are eligible to $600 and Ph.D. students, $1,200.
- Travel funds are for the duration of the student’s program and do not renew annually.