Scholarships listed here are available to international research degree current students and new applicants. Where a year is not listed, the same date applies every year. If a scholarship has an external application process, you will need to nominate UniSA as your university of choice.
Applications for scholarships are part of the online application for research degree admission unless otherwise stated.
Many scholarships are industry or area-specific. However, a few key scholarships are available to international applicants in any discipline. Please note this is not an exhaustive listing, and you are encouraged to search for additional opportunities.
International Research Tuition Scholarships (IRTS) are awarded to international candidates on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated research capability, and who will be supported during their degree by a full living stipend supported by external funding. Additionally, students who can self fund their living allowance and who can provide evidence of this can also be considered for an IRTS.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of University of South Australia Scholarships 2021
- Tuition fees Covered by the University of South Australia.
- Living Allowance $27,082 per annum
- Thesis Allowance Up to AUD$840 (Doctoral degree)
- Up to AUD$420 (Masters by Research degree)
- Recreation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Additional paid sick leave
- Carer’s leave
- Parental leave
- Maternity leave
Available Fields of Study For Masters, Ph.D. of University of South Australia Scholarships
- Aboriginal Studies
- Accounting and Finance
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Construction Management
- CybersecurityData Science
- Education and Teaching
- Environmental Science
- Film and TV
- Financial Planning
- Health Science
- Human Resource Management
- Information Management
- Information Technology
- International MBA
- Medical Sonography
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Project Management
- Safety Management
- Social Work
- Supply Chain Management
- Tourism and Event Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Visual Effects
Eligibility of University of South Australia Scholarships 2021
- Generally, scholarship recipients must have first-class Honours or equivalent.
- An awardee must be enrolled on a full-time basis as a candidate for a Master by Research or Ph.D. at the University of South Australia.
- An awardee shall be enrolled as an internal candidate at the University of South Australia.UniSA rates each scholarship application according to the following parameters: grades obtained an undergraduate degree, referee’s reports, proposed area of research, and supervisor report. Applicants are ranked in descending order according to their scores on each of these criteria and scholarships are awarded based on merit. There are usually more applicants eligible for admission to research degrees than there are scholarships available.
How to Apply for University of South Australia Scholarships 2021
Research degree applications are made through our Apply Online facility, a secure step-by-step online service. The majority of research degree scholarships offered by the University of South Australia are also applied for using Apply Online. Each scholarship has its own application deadline, please check the scholarship page to ensure you submit your application before the closing date.
But before you apply you need to do some research on your research. Follow our seven-step guide through the process of preparing your application to maximize your chances of success.
Please note that applications are now open for our major scholarship rounds for 2021 admission.
The last date is 31 August 2020 for the University of South Australia Scholarships 2021.