In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent, SCUT will provide about 70 full scholarships for full-time postgraduate students under the Chinese government scholarship program.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarships 2020
Monthly Living allowance:
– Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
– Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
- Full coverage on the registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation fee
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
Eligibility of Chinese Government Scholarship 2020
- The applicant must be a non-Chinese national and be in good health.
Education background and age limit:
– Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- FrontpageOfficial transcripts (original copy and notarized photocopy) of passport (passport should be valid for at least 1 year from the date of application), visa page (applicants currently in China are required to provide).
- Highest diploma or certificate of expected graduation(original copy and notarized photocopy)
- Official transcripts (original copy and notarized photocopy)
- A study or research plan in Chinese/English (500 words minimum)
- Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors
- A pre-acceptance letter signed by the supervisor of South China University of Technology
- The applicants of Ph.D. have to submit an abstract(s) or a graduation thesis(es) or published paper(s)
- One cassette records for those applying to music-related programs. Design Portfolio for those applying to architecture-related programs.
- Original copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (written in Chinese/English, the form should be valid for at least 1 year from the date of application)
Regarding Language Certificate
Language requirements for Chinese-Medium Programs:
-HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above for Science or Engineering studies;
-HSK Band 5 with 180 scores or above for Liberal Arts, Economics, or Management Studies.
Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking countries):
–TOEFL IBT 80 or above;
–IELTS 6.0 or above.
Applications from English speaking countries:
A letter of English as a medium of instruction issued by graduated universities or educational institutes.
All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
Translations of certificates and transcripts must be notarized.
All documents must be true and legal
Step 1: Apply at http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
Agency No: 10561 Type Category: B
Download <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) and print two copies.
Step 2: Apply at http://scut.edu.cn/apply
Submit <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) to the system.
All the master’s or doctoral applicants should contact supervisors from professional schools in SCUT via mail or interview.
- The applicants, who pass the assessment by supervisors, please ask the supervisors to sign pre-acceptance letters.
- Regarding how to contact the supervisor, please find the formation via:
① https://yanzhao.scut.edu.cn/open/TutorList.aspx (Chinese Version)
② http://www2.scut.edu.cn/sie_en/1197/list.htm (English Version)
Step 3: Following <The SCUT- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Checklist> to prepare your application material. Then please deliver your paper document to the Admissions Office of School of International Education, SCUT.
Download Address: http://www2.scut.edu.cn/sie_cn/2015/1201/c5042a78723/page.htm
The Delivery Address: Admissions Office, School of International Education,
SCUT, Room 207, B1 Building, South China University of Technology, University Town Campus, Panyu District, Guangzhou. Postcode:510006. Tel: 86-20-39381048.
1. Application Date: October 1, 2019, to March 31, 2020
2. First-round candidates will be published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late May
3. Successful applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late July
4. The office of International Student Recruitment will send Admission Notices and Visa application form (JW201) to successful applicants in early August.
5. Program Start Date: early September