The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the opportunity to compete for the 2021-2022 Fulbright Foreign Student Program for graduate study in the United States leading to a Master’s or Doctoral degree. Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to qualified candidates under the auspices of the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Program, subject to the availability of funding.
The Fulbright Program was established in 1946 by the U.S. Congress as a means “to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.” For more than sixty years the Fulbright Program has provided opportunities for foreign nationals to study, teach, and pursue research in the U.S.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the USA
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program grants provide round-trip transportation to the United States
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for full-time graduate study
Eligibility of Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2021-2022
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Cambodia;
- Have a strong academic background and a record of excellence in previous studies;
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university for those applying to study in the U.S. for a Master’s degree program, or have a Master’s degree from a recognized college or university for those applying to study in the U.S. for a Doctoral program;
- Be proficient in English (a minimum score of 570 on TOEFL or TOEFL ITP, or 230 on computer-based TOEFL, or 88 on internet-based TOEFL, or 7.0 on IELTS);
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt readily to a foreign environment;
- Be in good health and able to undergo a rigorous study program; and
- Not have extensive experience living or studying in the United States.
Applicants who do not already have a minimum TOEFL score of 570 or equivalent should plan to take a proficiency test prior to the application deadline. Proof of English proficiency, official transcripts, and diploma certificates must accompany the complete application form. Applicants will be deemed ineligible without providing these documents.
All costs associated with English language tests are borne by the applicants themselves.
Students receiving a 570 or above on the TOEFL ITP or equivalent are invited to apply for the Fulbright program online.
Applicants must submit all required supporting documents and test score reports directly to the online application. For further information, please contact:
Mr. Ou Socheat
Public Affairs Specialist
Email: [email protected]
The Fulbright Selection Committee will only accept online applications.
Last date June 1, 2020