Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honors young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognized for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
- Are you a young sustainability researcher looking to further develop your innovative ideas?
- Does your research have the potential to make this earth a better place?
Tell us why you should become one of 25 Green Talents this year and take the chance to show us how your research is connected to the Sustainable Development Goals in your application. The award is open to all disciplines!
Who can Apply for Green Talent Awards 2020 in Germany
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or Ph.D. program or a degree (master’s/Ph.D.) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
Application Procedure of Green Talent Awards in Germany
- Applications can only be submitted via our online tool. Documents that are sent to us by email cannot be accepted.
- Please note that applications cannot be changed once they have been submitted nor can any missing document be handed in after the deadline.
Benefits of Green Talent Awards 2020 In Germany
- The prestigious Green Talents program offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional worldwide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
- The first part of the prize consists of an invitation to a two-week Science Forum in Germany, where you will be introduced to renowned research facilities and have individual meetings with experts.
- In addition, a workshop on research and funding opportunities will provide you with further information for your future research stay in Germany.
- The journey will culminate in a festive award ceremony hosted by a high-level representative from the BMBF.
- You will have the opportunity to return to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Science Forum.
- The Science Forum and the extended research stay will be fully financed by the BMBF.