The Zurich Biology Undergraduate Summer School (BUSS) gives undergraduate students in the Life Sciences the chance to perform a significant research project in one of the participating laboratories of the University of Zurich or the ETH Zurich. Thanks to the intense curriculum of the BUSS, participating students not only become familiar with laboratory methods and theoretical principles but also gain skills in scientific reasoning and scientific communication.
The Zurich Biology Undergraduate Summer School (BUSS) is taught in English. Participation is open to all students during their Bachelor’s (BSc) studies.
Benefits of Zurich International Summer School 2020
- The program will cover travel expenses
- Housing costs of participants from abroad and from other Swiss universities
- Participants from Zurich will be supported with a small cash contribution covering some of their local expenses.
- Besides the scientific and educational curricula, BUSS features an all-inclusive three days retreat on the Swiss countryside, visits to Swiss research and science institutions, as well as a kick-off and closing event.
Interested candidates should submit:
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- Transcripts of completed university courses
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or research supervisor
- A completed application
DeadLine of Zurich International Summer School 2020
During the application period, you can always login and amend the information as often as you need to. On March, 1st 2020 the application tool will close. At the end of April, you will know if you have been accepted to BUSS 2020 and after that, we will send out more information in a Welcome Letter.
Time for applications: January 1 – March 1, 2020