The Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) is one of the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Programs commenced in 2001. YLP aims to contribute to cultivating future national leaders in Asian and other countries, moreover, establishing friendly relationships among various countries, and improving policy planning activities by forming a network among national leaders through deepening their understanding of Japan.
Japan Scholarship Benefits for YLP Students
- Allowance: 242,000 JPY per month
- Education Fees: Fees for tuition, matriculation and entrance examination are exempted
- Traveling Costs: Airline tickets from his/her home country to Japan and vice versa are provided.
Young public administrators who are expected to play active roles as future national leaders in Cambodia have an eligibility to apply for the YLP program.
Courses and host universities
There are five courses in the YLP Program (Government, Local Governance, Business Administration, Law, and Healthcare Administration). All courses commence in September or October and offer a one-year master’s program conducted in English. Students who complete the course are awarded a Master’s Degree. The host universities of the courses are as follows:
|Courses||Host universities||Number of|
per year in the world
Institute for Policy
|20||Those who have at least 3 years of full-time work experience in public administration (preferably 5 years or more)|
|School of Local|
Institute for Policy
|10||Those who have at least 3 years of full-time work experience in public administration (preferably 5 years or more)|
|15||Public officials who have at least 3 years of full-time work experience|
|15||Those who have at least 4 years of work experience in the government department|
|10||Those who have at least 2 years of full time working experience (preferably 5 years or more) in healthcare fields in the public sector at the government department|
* Please find more details about the eligibility of applicants from the application guidelines of each course.
- Each recommended institution listed below conducts the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of the candidates to the Embassy.
- The Embassy does not accept any application that candidates submit directly to the Embassy.
- Regarding the schedule and process at each recommended institution, please ask each institution.
- The Embassy may not accept the recommendation to the candidates who do not submit all the necessary documents.
|Recommended institutions||Applicable programs|
|Council of Ministers|
|Council for the Development of Cambodia|
|Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation|
|Ministry of Economy and Finance|
|Ministry of Interior|
|Ministry of Commerce|
|Ministry of Health|