KAIST is looking for students who meet the goal of fostering science talents that contribute to the nation and society.
- Who has the professional nature of science and technology research and curiosity in this area?
- Who has a passion and will to challenge new areas of creation?
- Who wish to serve society and the country with a high level of consciousness and attitude of collaboration.
- Who deeply think about morals and the environment for all humanity
Financial Coverage and Benefits of KAIST International Student Scholarships
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Medical Health insurance
Eligibility of KAIST International Student Scholarships 2020-21 in Korea
International candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2020.
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students
- International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- For applicants of Korean Origin, he/she must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Note that international schools located in Korea are NOT acknowledged as foreign schools.
- We do not have a transfer program for international students. You have to apply as a freshman student.
- International students of Korean origin who do not meet one of the eligibility
- KAIST students hold an undeclared major during their freshman year. At the end of their second semester, students can choose whichever major they want. There is no quota for each department/major. above should apply through Korean Admissions.
Application Procedure of KAIST International Student Scholarships 2020-21 in Korea
|Application window opens||2 Mar 2020|
|Deadlines||Application & Documents||22 May 2020|
|Recommendation Letter||29 May 2020|
|Admission announcement||19 Jun 2020|
|Reply to KAIST||10 Jul 2020|
|Academic year begins||Fall 2020|
- The dates for Admission Announcement are subject to change.
- Submit your completed application and documents by 5:00 p.m.(KST) on the application deadline.
- The interview is NOT required for all applicants. Applicants will be contacted through individual email if an interview is necessary.
- After you pay the application fee, you are not allowed to change your application track (from Early to Regular or Late).
- Application Fee: USD 80 / KRW 80,000
- Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer after writing application forms online. Applicants should cover additional charges (i.e bank charges). Please note that the application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify the application form once you pay the application fee.