Chongqing University President Scholarship is aimed to support outstanding international students to study degree programs at Chongqing University.
Chongqing University has established cooperation with 115 institutions of higher education in over 20 countries, such as the USA, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, etc. The university has also established a partnership with many prestigious international corporations or institutions, such as Siemens, Rockwell Automation, IBM, Microsoft, Lipo Group, New York Life Insurance, Omron, ABB, Ford, etc, Chongqing University has three Confucius Institutes in Thailand, Italy, and Australia respectively, which promote cooperation and development in the teaching and research of Chinese language and culture.
Coverage and Benefits of Chongqing University President Scholarship 2020
- Living stipend: 2,200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
- Living stipend: 1,800RMB per month for master’s degree student
- Living stipend: 1,500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
- Free on-campus accommodation(double room) or off-campus accommodation subsidy（700 RMB per month）
- Medical insurance for international students
- Exemption from tuition fee
- Exemption from tuition fee
Free comprehensive medical insurance for international students.
Eligibility of Chongqing University President Scholarship 2020
- Applicants for a bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma or above, meeting the academic requirements of the applied major, and be under the age of 40.
Applicants for a master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 45.
Applicants for a doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and meet the admission requirements of Chongqing University.
- Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct. Applicants should abide by the laws and decrees of China and comply with the rules and regulations of Chongqing University.
- Applicants may not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
- Applicants should fill out the application form correctly, honestly, completely, and submit application materials as required.
Categories and Degree Durations of Fully Funded President Scholarship 2020 in China
- Bachelor’s Degree Students: 4-5 academic years
- Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students: 4 academic years
Chinese-instructed degree programs:
Bachelor’s degree programs List of Undergraduate Programs for International Students (2020).xlsx
Master’s degree programs List of Chinese-taught Master Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
Doctoral degree programs List of Chinese-taught Doctoral Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
English-instructed degree programs:
Master’s degree programs List of English-taught Master Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
Doctoral degree programs List of English-taught Doctoral Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
What Documents required for Fully Funded President Scholarship 2020
List of application documents to be uploaded:
- Personal information page of the passport: The passport shall have a minimum validity of one year. For applicants who are already in China, a photocopy of Visa or Residence Permit with entry customs stamps should be provided as well.
- Highest diploma: Applicants for bachelor’s degrees shall provide a high school graduation certificate. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide bachelor’s degree diploma. Applicants for the doctoral degree shall provide a master’s degree diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official pre-graduation certificate issued by your current university stating your student status and expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English
- Academic transcript: Applicants for bachelor’s degrees shall provide a transcript for high school. Applicants for a master’s degree shall provide transcripts for a bachelor’s degree. Applicants for the doctoral degrees shall provide transcripts for master’s degrees. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A personal statement. Applicants shall submit a personal statement indicating your past academic background and a study plan or research proposal in Chongqing University, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Two academic recommendation letters. Applicants for a master or doctoral degree shall provide two academic recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors in English, with an assessment of your academic or research performance, as well as the professor’s contact information including the position, email address, and telephone number.
- Curriculum vitae. The applicants shall submit curriculum vitae introducing your personal information, educational background, work experience, research work, publications, honors, and other information, which could facilitate your application.
- Language proficiency certificate. Applicants for English-taught programs and whose native language is not English need to provide score report of English language proficiency test (a score above IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL Internet-based 80 or equivalent), or a certificate from the former university that the previous degree is taught in English, or a certificate indicating the applicants have studied in an English-speaking country for more than one year
- Foreigner physical examination form. The form could be downloaded via http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1062/1413.htm and shall be filled by the physician in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Attachments of examination results (Blood report, Electrocardiograph and Chest X-ray) shall also be uploaded. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Proof of non-criminal record. A non-criminal record from the judicial department of your home country, or a certificate from your current university/employer indicating your performance. Languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Chongqing University Provisional Acceptance for International Student (if available).
Pay the application fee (400 RMB, non-refundable) after submitting the application. Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted. Applicants can pay through:
① Online payment system: Only applicable to applicants who are already in China, paying by WeChat, Alipay or bank card;
② Bank transfer (proof of transfer voucher shall be sent to [email protected]): the bank account information is as follows,
Beneficiary: Chongqing University
A/C No: 310 002 410 900 894 853 6
Beneficiary Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Chongqing Branch
Add.: 2nd/F, 45 Lin Jiang Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China, 400010
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJCQG
TLX: 62250 ICBIS CN / 62106 ICBQA CN
How to Apply for Chongqing University President Scholarship 2020
- Create an account at the online application portal of Chongqing University
- Choose ‘Chinese School Scholarship’
- Fill in the application form
- Upload the following application documents (the file size of each document is no bigger than 1M)
- Submit your application.