The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government. The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
List of programmes at the University of Auckland Scholarships 2022
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Public Health
- Master of International Business
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of Japan Scholarship Program 2022
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Eligibility of Japan Scholarship Program 2022 in New Zealand University
- Have gained admission to approved masters at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme.
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. A list below of current developing member countries
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
Documents required of Japan Scholarship Program 2022 in New Zealand University
To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit the following documentation in full prior to the closing date:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parent’s or spouse’s annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
All of the above documents must be submitted in full by post and received by the University of Auckland no later than 19 July 2021
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Deadline of Japan Scholarship Program 2021 in New Zealand University
- Applications for study commencing in 2021-2022 will close 19 July 2021.
- Selection for the scholarship will take place between 22 July – 27 September 2021.
- Successful applicants will be notified by November 2021.