The International Peace Scholarship for Women Fund, established in 1949, is a program that provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Sisterhood maintains six educational projects in the form of grants, scholarships, and loans as well as the stewardship of Cottey College.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, and other scholarships.
Benefits of PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women 2021-2022
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500.
- Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
Eligibility of International Peace Scholarships 2021-2022
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships, or practical training if not combined with coursework.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Deadlines of International Peace Scholarships 2021-2022 for Women
- IPS International Peace Scholarships begins to accept Eligibility Forms: 15 September 2020
- Last day to submit Eligibility Forms: 15 December 2020
- Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended: 1 March 2021
- Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College: 1 April 2021
- Notification of scholarship awards: 1 May 2021
- Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships: 1 June 2021