DHU has been appointed to accept international students with Shanghai Government Scholarship from 2006. Each year, DHU accepts about 40 Shanghai Government Scholarship students from all over the world to pursue undergraduate (bachelor鈥檚) or postgraduate (master鈥檚 or doctoral) degrees.
Scholarship Coverage and Benefits of Donghua University Scholarships
- A waiver of tuition fee
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Monthly stipend (bachelor’s programs: 2500; master’s programs: CNY 3000; doctoral programs: CNY3500)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
- Chinese-taught Bachelor鈥檚 Programs (except B.A. in Chinese Language)
- Master鈥檚 degree programs except for International Business (MIB)
- Doctoral degree programs
Bachelor’s degree programs: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study).
Master鈥檚 degree programs: 2.5-3 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
Doctoral degree programs: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
Eligibility of Shanghai Government Scholarships 2020
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Be a master鈥檚 degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Be a bachelor鈥檚 degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master鈥檚 programs.
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for bachelor’s programs
- Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by government, institutes or organizations in China.
How to Apply for Donghua University Scholarships
- Check first if DHU offers the academic program you plan to learn as well as whether it is covered by SGS scholarships or not.
- Before applying to DHU, one can complete an SGS online application at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn in order to save your information in the scholarship application database.
- Then, complete the following steps to accomplish your application to DHU:
1). Fill DHU鈥檚 online application at admissions.dhu.edu.cn,
2). Submit the hard copies of the complete application materials required
March. 31 (fall intake only)