The University of Lausanne, Switzerland the applications are open for the 2020/2021 Master’s Scholarships for all International Students.
Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
The University of Lausanne, Switzerland grants around ten scholarships a year.
List of all Masters Degrees/Programs at the University of Lausanne
The University of Lausanne will offer 42 Master’s programmes in 2020. All programmes with the exception of the MSc in Nursing Sciences and the MSc in Health Sciences can be attended part-time.
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL that it is possible to apply are as follows:
Biology and Medicine
Law, Criminal Justice, and Public Administration
Geosciences and Environment
Business and Economics
Faculty of Arts
Social and Political Sciences
Theology and Sciences of Religions
Please note: for the Master of Law, only two specialisms, “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
Scholarship Benefits of Switzerland Masters Scholarships at the University of Lausanne
- It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
- The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student.
Eligibility for applying for a Masters Scholarship in Switzerland
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the master’s programme at UNIL.
- Not been registered with the University of Lausanne
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French and at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
Withdrawal from the programme will lead to the suspension of the scholarship.
List of documents to attach to your Master’s Scholarships Application
- The application form, duly completed and signed
- A passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format)
- A copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarized translation of any diplomas not
written in French, German, English, or Italian is required.
- For Bachelors issued from a University based in a State which has ratified the Lisbon Recognition
Convention, a copy of your academic qualifications and of all the grade transcripts from all
examinations are taken at the university.
- For Bachelors issued from a University based in a State which didn’t ratify the Lisbon Recognition
Convention (check here), a certified copy of your academic qualifications, and of all the grade
transcripts from all examinations taken at the university. Please consult the procedure to follow
regarding certified copies here.
- A certified/notarized translation of any documents not written in French, German, English, or Italian is
For all questions regarding translation and certified copy requirements, please contact the
Admissions department (SII) at [email protected]
- A copy of the programme description of the last semester of your bachelor degree, if the degree has not
yet been obtained
- A complete curriculum vitae
- A cover letter
- Two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers, in sealed envelopes.
- A copy of the official certificate of knowledge of the language in which the master is taught (TOEFL or
IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 is the minimum level required to follow the
- A copy of your passport or identity card
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
Bank details for payment:
Université de Lausanne – 1015
Lausanne Account no. 10-13575-3
IBAN: CH17 0900 0000 1001 3575 3
Reason for the payment: Masters scholarship – your surname and first name
How to apply for Switzerland Master’s Scholarship 2020
You must not make an application for admission to the master’s degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Master’s scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at the University of Lausanne).
The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a master’s degree.