Over 10,000 undergraduates and approximately 1,000 graduate students at the College enjoy a small-college feel blended with the advantages and diversity of a mid-sized, urban university. They work closely with a committed faculty, made up of more than 500 distinguished teacher-scholars. And the city of Charleston – world-renowned for its history, architecture, culture and coastal environment – serves as a living and learning laboratory for experiences in business, science, technology, teaching, the humanities, languages, and the arts.
The College of Charleston is a state-affiliated institution which means tuition rates differ for resident and non-resident students. While our academic fees are less than those of many other institutions in the state and across the nation, we recognize that the cost of attending college in the US is a significant expense in the family budget.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of College of Charleston Scholarships 2021
- International Ambassador Scholarship: $10,000 per year.
- Eurasia International Ambassador Scholarship: $20,000 per year.
- Sister-State Scholarships offers resident (in-state) tuition to students participating in the International Sister- State agreement program
The Sister-State agreement program was established through the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education and the above locations and is offered at-will by the College of Charleston. Applicants must be admitted to an academic degree program at the College of Charleston and must demonstrate citizenship from one of the five Sister-State agreement locations with a valid passport. Resident (in-state) tuition is applicable throughout all years of study in an academic program.
Here’s what you need to know about international scholarships:
- No separate application required for any level of scholarship.
- All scholarships are renewable for up to four years (8 semesters).
- Students are encouraged to apply early.
- College of Charleston cannot offer international students need-based financial aid. However, we do award the following scholarships to international students.