Tianjin University CSC Scholarships 2021-2022:
The CSC and presidential grants by Tianjin University is an excellent way of studying in China for free. These scholarships are similar to the China Scholarship Council’s Scholarship and other Chinese government scholarships whereby the recipients get a fully-funded scholarship to study in China.
The applications for these scholarships for the year 2021-2022 are now open. The CSC and the presidential scholarships are meant to provide free education, health care, free accommodation, and a monthly stipend to the recipients. The scholarship is only granted to international students and is a part of the reforms being taken for the internationalization of higher education in China.
Benefits of the CSC and Presidential Scholarship by Tianjin University 2021-2022:
Both of these scholarships offer a full tuition fee waiver. There are also a number of other benefits. These benefits remain more or less the same in all the levels of study.
- All recipients will get a monthly stipend to cover their living expenses.
- Free on/off-campus accommodation will be provided.
- A medical fund is also in place for helping the recipients out with their healthcare expenses.
- Students enrolled in research-based degrees may also get extra funding from their respective professors for getting them through their research overheads.
Chinese Government CSC Scholarships 2021-2022 | Duration:
- The applicants applying to pursue bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. from Tianjin University will get the scholarship for a maximum of four years.
- The applicants who are potentially going to pursue a program primarily providing training of the Chinese language or any other relevant discipline will receive the scholarship for a maximum of one year.
- The exchange students and the students who have been a profound help in the internationalization of Chinese higher education will also get the scholarship for one year.
Courses Affiliated with this Scholarship:
Tianjin University offers this scholarship in the fields of:
- History, and philosophy.
The last date to apply for these scholarships is the 21st of March, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria of Chinese Government CSC Scholarships 2021-2022
All the potential applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria thoroughly. Applicants should only apply for the scholarship once they are sure that they fit the criteria.
- The applicant should be fluent in the language in which his/her desired program is taught. They will be required to give proof of their proficiency. This requirement varies with every program and university.
- The applicant must be an international student and should not have Chinese citizenship. They should also be in perfect health.
- A potential bachelor’s degree pursuant should have a high school certificate and should have a sound academic record overall. Their age must also be below 30 years.
- A potential master’s degree pursuant should have a bachelor’s degree in an acceptable field and should be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants wishing to pursue a Doctoral degree from Tianjin should possess a master’s degree in a relevant field and should also age below 40
- Applicants aspiring to pursue advanced studies should have an undergraduate degree or should at least be in the second year of their undergraduate studies. These applicants must age below 50.
- Applicants wanting to pursue a language course should at least have passed their high school examinations and should be below 60 in age.
- Scholars or professors who are visiting Tianjin University should at least have a master’s degree and should have an appropriate academic title like associate professor (or better). They should be under 50 years of age.
- The applicants applying for the scholarship should also meet the eligibility criteria defined by their program and university of choice.
- The applicant must not be currently getting any scholarship from the Chinese government at the time of application.
A Step by Step Guide on the Application Procedure of Tianjin University Scholarships 2021-2022:
- On the application portal of Tianjin University, fill out the application form for admission.
- In order to submit the scholarship application, visit the international student section on Tianjin University’s official website. From there, you can follow the instructions on how to submit the application.
Documents Required for Tianjin University CSC Scholarships:
- Scholarship application form of Tianjin University. This form can be collected physically from the university or can be downloaded from the official website of the university. The applicants should read the application carefully and then submit it.
- Attested photocopy of the highest degree or diploma acquired.
- Proof of language proficiency. This depends upon the program you applied to. It can be English or Chinese.
- Recommendation letters from either past employers or professors. At least two recommendation letters are required.
- Statement of purpose or SOP.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Passport Copy.
- Copies and transcripts of all the previous degrees attained.
- Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. It is a requirement for those applicants who are going to be staying in China for more than six months.
- Applicants of a degree program have to submit a study plan and applicants of a research-based program have to submit a research proposal. The study plan should not be more than 400 words and the research proposal should not be more than 800 words.
- Applicants of the programs in the field of music, media, fine arts, or fashion have to submit a portfolio.
- Applicants who are under 18 have to submit the legal documents of their parents or guardians.
After carefully preparing all the required documents, applicants can enclose them with the scholarship application form and send it to the university address.
Students will be notified of their acceptance or rejection at some point after June 30, 2021.