The Olive Fellowship is a need-based scholarship for outstanding undergraduate chemistry students to participate in the Laboratory Research Experience Program (LRE) at UC Berkeley. Successful applicants will have demonstrated a strong case for financial need.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of The Olive Fellowship 2020
- The fellowship covers the entire LRE tuition (USD $12,000)
- It provides an additional USD $5,000 stipend to the fellow to cover program-related expenses like accommodation, Visas, travel & meal.
- Includes faculty and staff, all program materials, seminars, daily lunch, LRE t-shirts, and other UC Berkeley “swag”
Eligibilities of The Olive Fellowship 2020
- Must have excellent proficiency in English
- Applicants must be current undergraduate chemistry students
- First-generation or low-income university students. Students who do not have a family history of higher education or who come from a low-income background.
- History of academic achievement in their undergraduate studies.
Documents Required of The Olive Fellowship 2020
- Fill out the application form
- Upload CV/Resume and transcripts.
- Upload two letters of recommendation.
- In 500 words or fewer, you write an essay that describes why you are interested in being an LRE scholar
- Proof of citizenship.
- In 150 words or fewer, write a short professional biography, be sure to share impressive accomplishments. Secondly, in 250 words or fewer, write about an exciting project that you have worked on or one way you have pursued something you care deeply for.
How to Apply for Olive Fellowship 2020
- Complete the general LRE program application first and be accepted to the program (please click here for the LRE program application).
- Once accepted, complete the Olive Fellowship application package and be prepared to demonstrate financial need and write outstanding personal essays
Deadline of The Olive Fellowship 2020 offered by the University of California, Berkeley
Application open date: December 2, 2019
Application close date: April 10, 2020