The University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship was established in 2016.
The main purpose of the Scholarship is to attract new international students of high caliber to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate taught study of one year or more at the University of Auckland.
The University of Auckland is ranked No.1 globally in the inaugural University Impact Rankings by Times Higher Education (THE).
The mission of the University of Auckland is to be:
“A research-led, international university, recognized for excellence in teaching, learning, research, creative work, and administration, for the significance of its contributions to the advancement of knowledge and its commitment to serve its local, national, and international communities.”
About the University of Auckland International Student Excellence scholarships 2021-2022
- Application status: Not currently open for applications
- Applicable study: New full-fee paying international students undertaking a PGDip or Masters (taught) of 120 points or more or an undergraduate degree (with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications)
- Opening date: 10 October (Semester One intake) and 9 March (Semester Two intake)
- Closing date: 21 November (Semester One intake) and 20 April (Semester Two intake)
- Tenure: One year
- For: Tuition fees
- The number on offer: Up to 50
- Offer rate: Bi-annually
- Value: Up to $10,000 for either postgraduate study or undergraduate study
Regulations of the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
- The Scholarship will be known as the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship.
Up to 50 scholarships will be awarded annually and will be of the value of up to $10,000 each for postgraduate and undergraduate study.
- New international students who have received an unconditional offer or English Language Academy (ELA) students who have received a conditional offer, of study to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters (taught) of 120 points or more, or an undergraduate degree (applying with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications) at the University of Auckland are eligible for consideration for this Scholarship.
- Students who have already commenced study at the University of Auckland will not be eligible to apply.
- The Scholarship is tenable by international students.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit, the quality of the letter of application, and endorsement by the
applicant’s referee. The country of origin of the applicant may be considered by the selection committee to align with the University’s strategic aims. A grade point equivalent (GPE) of at least 6.00 is required for consideration for the Scholarship.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of a selection
the committee comprising the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Strategic Engagement (or nominee), the Director International (or nominee), and two faculty representatives from the International Committee.
- The Scholarship will be paid as a compulsory fee credit towards the first semester of study at the University of Auckland.
- The Scholarship may not be deferred until the following semester. A new Scholarship application will be required.
- The Scholarship may be held with any other scholarship, grant, or award as long as the regulations for that
scholarship, award, or grant permit and the University of Auckland Council is informed and approves. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to declare to the Scholarships Office all other scholarships, awards, or grant funding received and for which the awardee receives payment while also in payment for this Scholarship.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to terminate or suspend a Scholarship if it receives a report of unsatisfactory progress of a Scholar from the Head of Department or School in which the Scholar is enrolled.
- The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to amend or vary these Regulations, provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
- Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 21 November in the year preceding the award and 20 April in the year of the award.
How to apply for the International Student Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand
Scholarship applications will usually open around six weeks before the closing date. Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible before you apply.
Help and support about The University of Auckland Scholarships
You can find answers to your questions about scholarships, awards, and prizes on the University’s online help and support center, AskAuckland.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, contact our Student Support Team.
- For questions about a particular scholarship, award, or prize, please include the exact name.
- For scholarships or awards closing within the next three days, please mark your inquiry as urgent.
Deadline of The University of Auckland Scholarships 2021-2022
we strongly advise that you check the regulations, application forms, and any other information that is available, to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for any application you might make and that you understand the implications of any regulations, awarding value, and closing dates.
Application Period: 10 October 2020 – 21 November 2020