Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is opening its application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
Financial Coverage and Benefits of Zhejiang University Scholarships
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Duration of the Scholarship.
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of the Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency has not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning (refer to section III below), they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
- Education background and age limit:- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have a master’s degree.
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
- Language proficiency requirements:Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education, and the law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with a minimum score of 210，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with a minimum score of 190，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
Choices of Specialties offered by the Zhejiang University Scholarships
- Click here to find the 2020 Doctoral Degree Programs List.
- Click here to find the 2020 English-instructed Doctoral Degree Programs List.
- Click here to find the 2020 Doctoral Degree Programs List of Medicine College
- Click here to find the 2020 Master’s Degree Programs List.
- Click here to find the 2020 English-instructed Master’s Degree Programs List.
- Click here to find the 2020 Master’s Degree Programs List of Medicine College
When and How to Apply for Zhejiang University Scholarships in China
Application deadline: March 31st, 2020
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer to section V below) to the Office of Admissions (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University, by post or in person. The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
Please note the winter break is from January 18th, 2020 to February 20th, 2020, Application materials received during the above-mentioned time period will be processed after the beginning of the new semester.
Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
Application Materials of the Chinese Government Scholarships
Applicants must provide the following materials. The application materials are in duplicate and each copy is bind in the following order:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register), then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- A photocopy of the passport.
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of the HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (filled in English). The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. (if applicable)All application materials should be submitted to the Admissions Office of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person by the deadline. The envelope of application package should be marked “Application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019”. The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Note: After receiving the application materials, the university will check the applicant’s information and process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China. If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need to resend the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to Zhejiang University; otherwise, the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China
1. Scholarship students’ affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of the Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status. If students fail in the Annual Review, their scholarship will be terminated.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
3. For scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery, expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
4. The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
5. For other requirements and contents of the Chinese Government Scholarship, please visit the web site of the China Scholarship Council.
Mailing Address: Room 418, International College Building, West Zone, Zi-jin-gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou，China
Post Code: 310058
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +86 571 87951537
Fax: +86 571 87951755